Re: Format of /dev/video or where to get MPEG TS stream?

Hello Terry/Ingo!

Concerning sites/documents for implementing decoding of TS,
overviews of this field:

www.dvb.org
www.etsi.org
www.dvb.org/dvb_articles/dvb_mhp98.htm
www.davic.org

There you can find various links concerning the decoding of
a TS. There is also a good paper in IEEE Communications
Magazine, June 1998 p104: Digital Video Broadcasting by
Ulrich Reimers, Brunswig Technical University
(I think he also wrote a book about this...)

ISO/IEC 13818-1: Generic Coding of Moving Pictures
and Associated Audio: Systems
(MPEG2 Systems Specification)

ISO/IEC 1318-2: Generic Coding of Moving
Pictures and Associated Audio: Video
(MPEG2 Video Specification)

The DVB Project: Philosophy and Core System, D. Wood
Internat. Broadcasting Convention, 12-16 September, 1996
Conference Publication No. 428, IEE, 1996

MPEG-2: Tutorial Introduction to the Systems layer
by PA Sarginson, 1995, The Institution of Electrical
Engineerings, IEE, Savov Place London, WC2b0bi, UK
(sorry I could not really read the "source" of this paper
anymore) Very good overview for MPEG2 stream decoding/
encoding!!!

Multimedia Home Plattform (now Rev. 15 is available)
European Broadcasting Union, EBU/UER
TM 2208r3

The DAVIC Standard 1.4, Specification Part 9

This literature should give you a quite "big picture" covering
this topic...

Greetings,

@rtur

Home | Main Index | Thread Index