Re: AV_PES format - How can I detect frames?

Thomas 'Dent' Mirlacher wrote:

> so what you REALLY want to do is: find thestart of a GOP (group
> of pictures)
>
> 1) skip AV_PES header
> 2) skip PES header
> 3) if data==0x000001b3 -> GOP found

Thanks! This together with David's (david@convergence.de) little
program he sent me in a separate message on this list helped me
quite a bit further.

Now it would appear that there are exactly as many GOPs as the
length of a video file in seconds. Is that a save assumption to
make, or can this vary?

Also: can somebody point me to a "down to the byte" specification
of the PES header format? It would seem that it has variable length
and I would like to fully understand it...

Klaus Schmidinger