Re: Another Firmware Problem?

hi rolf,

> There are two Problems.
>
> One ist that from a exact Point on only
> the full Jpeg Pictures are played back so you only see
> about every 10th Picture. This does only occurs if one came across this
> exact Point. starting Playback later results in normal Playback.
> in Versions before 0.04 i had to reload the Modules as well.

probably you're talking about ILVUs - the 'problem' with DVDs is, you
CANNOT assume, you've a linear mpeg streams - most probably you don't.

> The other ist that continuosly Fragments of old Pictures
> are displayed until the next full Jpeg Frame. I guess
> either the Frames that depend on the next full Picture or
> the ones that depend on the last full Picture are ignored.
> This Problem persists during the whole Movie regardless
> at what Point it is started.

see above - can be related to the same problem - ILVUs are interleaved blocks
containing the same timing information ... so guess what the decoder should do
(so i don't have the firmware sources, but i can imagine tgis could be a source
for a problem)

> Both Problems dont occour with software Playback.

what's software playback - using which software?

	cheers

		++dent

--
Linux is no REVOLUTION - it's EVOLUTION at operating system level ;)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index