Re: Hauppauge DVBs and EON

Hi,

Well since yesterday I have the priviledge to have it all working a bit.

I use the 2.2.14 (no SMP) and coun't get it working until I reload the
modules a couple of times and reconnect to Cyberlogin a few times and then
I could receive finally over dvb0. (checked with tcpdump).

But I made a few phone calls yesterday to europeonline and it seems that
they had mayor problems yesterday.
There where times yesterday I couln't ping even the login servers. and
only 114 I could ping and login in sometimes. the othertwo where offline.

Today it seems more stable and all works.
have downloads with ftp up to 30K.

Martin

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Stefan Reelsen wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 22, 2000 at 10:04:33PM +0200, Peter Gerland wrote:
> >
> > Hello maillinglist-members,
> >
> > i've bring up my Hauppauge DVBs with kernel 2.2.14-smp (Redhat 5.2) and
> > siemens-dvb-0.04 (from wintv.org),  gVideo and Cyberlogin (It's still
> > login) works great! I can see Pro7 on my TV and on my monitor.
> >
> > But, what can I do, do bring up the dvb0-interface to receive data?
> > Interface is up (10.0.2.1), CyberLogin connectet, cat rp_filter says 0. If
> > I connect the EON-Proxxy (all transponders), nothing happens.
> > tcpdump -i dvb0 says nothing. It is possible, that the channel is wrong???
> > I've a simple universal-LNB, no DeSeq, only connectet to my DVB.
> >

> I've exactly the same problem using a Galaxis-DVB Data-Only card. That is why
> I can't test video, so I would like to verify the tuner frequency. What's the
> best way to do this? I can't imagine that's the problem cause the are many
> people out there using this card. BTW: The system is Debian 2.1 tested with
> dvb-0.04 / kernel 2.2.14 and 2.3.99-pre5. The link is operational with Win98.
>

> ree
> --
> *.networking  -  We make your net work.     http://www.starnetworking.net
> Moltkestr. 25  D-33330 Guetersloh  Tel 05241/23498-10  Fax 05241/23498-20

Home | Main Index | Thread Index