Re: (lots of) questions from a newbie

Max Klohn wrote:

> [...]
>
> -my understanding is that with the linux driver it is currently able to
> get FTA transmission. It seems to me the siemens card comes with a CAM
> (included in the base price?) is it viaccess, mediaguard, nagravision?

The CA-module is an extra board that connects to the DVB-Sat card via
a flat cable (see http://www.pc-werksverkauf.de/zubehoer/tv-karten.htm,
it's the second item on that page).

> -anyone using the card with the CAM?

Yes, I am.

> -if yes, anybody has any experience receiving TPS (France, Viaccess)
> and/or NTV (Russia, Viaccess) ?

I only have experience with Premiere World. For that you need an
"Irdeto ALL CAM" PCMCIA card that goes into the CA-module (the picture
on the above mentioned page shows this very good), and of course an
official "Premiere World" smart card. To receive other encrypted
channels you will need the proper PCMCIA card and smart card.

Regards
Klaus Schmidinger