dvb.o: unresolved symbol memset

Thilo Wunderlich writes:
 > Iīm trying to compile and run 0.04:
 > Compiling is ok but
 > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/sat/DVB/driver'
 > (       \
 > insmod i2c-core.o; \
 > insmod videodev.o;              \
 > insmod saa7146_core.o mode=0;   \
 > insmod saa7146_v4l.o;           \
 > insmod VES1893.o;               \
 > insmod VES1820.o;               \
 > insmod dvb.o;                   \
 > insmod tuner.o;                 \
 > insmod msp3400.o;               \
 > ifconfig dvb0 192.168.4.1;      \
 > )
 > dvb.o: unresolved symbol memset
 > msp3400.o: unresolved symbol unregister_sound_mixer_R7afc9d8a
 > msp3400.o: unresolved symbol register_sound_mixer_R54848dd0
 > SIOCSIFADDR: Operation not supported by device
 > dvb0: unknown interface: Operation not supported by device
 > make: *** [insmod] Error 255

I donīt understand the "memset" error.
memset is part of every kernel and defined in linux/string.h

But I think somebody had this error before. I just donīt remember how
it was fixed. Somebody?

The msp3400 part only occurs if you do not have a sound card configured.
But the msp3400 module is needed only if you have the DVB-C card and
also in that case it is not fully supported yet.

 > PS: could you guys please add a revision number to the dir in the
 > tar file, e.g. DVB-0.04. So it is easier to distinguish different
 > versions.

OK, Iīll use them in releases from now on.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index