Re: SCPC with Technotrend card?

> Thomas 'Dent' Mirlacher writes:
>  > --snip/snip
>  >
>  > > The Card is very sensitieve, with a very good AGC (better than my
Nokia
>  > > MM9600)

Yes, we can receive Astra here with a 35cm dish without any problems.

>  > > No Problems to get Channels whith a Symbol-Rate from 30 down to 8
MSym/s,
>  > > but not the Feed Rates 7028, 6857, 6398, 6110, 5632, 3123, 2880 Sym/s
>  > > The Nokia 9660/DVB2000 works well, down to 1365 (is there Hope for
the Feature
>  > > ? Ralf ?)
>  >

Is this handled by the Linux driver or by the ARM firmware?

>  > can someone give me some details of the tuner? - i'm simply to lazy to
open
>  > my case - especially since it is closed right now (for the first time
since
>  > about a year ;)

The tuner is an a ALPS BSRV2. I was asking because these tuners are very
sensitive to external influences like small voltage variations, radiation,
IIC noise, etc (at least that's what ALPS says when you ask them about SCPC
problems with that tuner :). We have got them to work down to 1.5 MSym/s in
our set-top-boxes, but we have a client who wants to make a PCI design out
of this. That's why I was interested if somebody has succeeded with SCPC on
a PCI card.

> The tuner is a Mitel SP5659, the DVB receiver is a VLSI VES1893.
> The tuner datasheet should be downloadable from Mitel, for the DVB
> receiver you will have to contact VLSI and probably sign an NDA.

We have the spec without NDA. If somebody needs it I can put it somewhere on
our webserver.

> Can you give me a list of satellites/channels where I can test this?
> I think Türksat 42E is too far east and too weak for my rotor dish setup.

Türksat should work with a 90cm dish in Cologne, at least it works in our
office in Hilden. But for feeds below 8MSym/s you can also try Hotbird:
10917H, SR: 4000, PCR/Vidio/Audio: 1160/1160/1120 (all decimal)
12211H, 5632, 4194/4194/4195
12581H, 5632, (8190 ?)/308/256
12573H, 5632, 4194/4194/4195

Micha