Re: It does not work

Hi,

thanks for the kind reply.

Ralph Metzler wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks for the patches for use with your multi-switch.
>
> I should have pointed out more clearly that I only tested and
> programmed the driver for my simple 4-way switch and not for the
> bigger switches which also translate DiSEqC to voltage, etc.

> Now that I know from you that this also works I will put your patches
> in the next release.

Great, thatīs more I expected.

> The "front.diseqc=-1" for initialization might break it for other
> people. So, i donīt know what to do about that patch. Maybe #ifdef it.

I thought, this couldnīt do any harm, because after a front.power=0
front.power=1 sequence any DiSEqC only Device (e.g a Relay witch only
interprets DiSEqC switch criterias) should be set to DiSEqC switch
state 0. I am not sure, maybe someone can test it.

But the initialization is not as that simple. Watīs if someones first
LNB is not focused on ASTRA or none of the LNBīs is focused on ASTRA.
Or another Program should be used as default.
Maybe a look at the ANNEX A of this Document
http://www.eutelsat.com/docs/diseqc/1.pdf
give some more possible combinations.

Watīs about this idea:

insmod dvb.o dvb_s_freq=<tuner-frequency> volt=<0/1> tone22kHz=<0/1>
  tonburst=<0/1> diseqc_38=<DiSEqC-switchstate> srate=<srate>
  video_pid=<video-pid> audio_pid=<audio-pid> tt_pid=<tt-pid>

to overwrite the compiled in defaults.

With this someone can startup with his prefered default and set his
nessesary switch-criterias.

> gVideo will be much different in the next release and such things as
> DiSEqC switching and oscillator offsets (which also can be different
> for different LNBs then) will be part of the config file.
>
> Ralph

Heino

Home | Main Index | Thread Index