2 questions concerning the driver API

Hi everybody,

2 questions concerning the driver API:

1) Forward Error Correction: struct frontend.fec

According EN 300 468 V1.3.1, Table 25 valid values for fec are:

	1: 1/2
	2: 2/3
	3: 3/4
	4: 5/6
	5: 7/8

When parsing the NIT I get the correct values corresponding to the documented
fec's for the different transponders. But I always have to set a 2 for the
driver to
get data from the transponder. So have frontend.fec and the FEC_inner different
meanings ?

Is the struct frontend documented somewhere ? Most of its attributes are
obvious,
but some of them remain unclear to me.

2) What is the fastest way to detect if the actual transport stream is valid.
Fastest what
I found out is parsing for the SDT Table, which is guaranteed to be sent every 2
seconds.
Maybe it would be better to check for video/audio data ?

I try to detect the complete program list of a delivery system by finding out
one
transport stream and reading the NIT there. Next I follow each transport stream
from the
NIT and read its SDT, PAT and PMT.
This works fine so far, but on several transport streams from the NIT I can't
read a SDT. For all of these streams the detection process gets a 2 second
penalty
(timeout) what decreases the all over time a lot. But of course the main problem
is detecting the first stream for the NIT.

Cheers,
Uwe

Home | Main Index | Thread Index