Re: Broadlogic & KissSatDem?

> Hello.
> I plan to test Broadlogic DVB card next week
> in the local ISP office. What is the type
> of DVB card compatible with LINUX?
> (ABA-2030, ABA-2530XL, or ABA-1040?)
> I use Redhat Cartwright 6.1, kernel 2.2.12.
> Beside the broadlogic driver, what other software
> should be available? (PPP, Netscape, DIP, route, ifconfig?)
> Should we re-compile the kernel?
> They also offer KissSatDem DVB. Is there any
> LINUX driver for the card?
> Thank you very much for the answer.

There is no linux driver for the satdem card. You'll probably want to
recompile the kernel, in order to include firewall support and
masquerading. The option "optimize as router not host" should also be
considered. Redhat installs the tools you'll need as default.
These are primarily PPP, ifconfig and route.

I recommend using squid (a proxy) on this
machine. http://www.squid-cache.org

I don't know any of the cards you listed. Hopefully, someone else on this
list do :)

Good luck!

-PER

Home | Main Index | Thread Index