CI Interface

rolf@max.lui.uni-tuebingen.de writes:
 > My CI Interface card has a 3.5mm Connector
 > but i doubt that its another Audio-Out.
 > I heared that it may be a IR reciever connector.
 > What could that thing be really?

It really is for an IR receiver.
Some CI interfaces have the IR receiver on board some only have
the connector.
The IR receiver is not supported in the Linux driver.

 > I also want to buy a CAM Module but
 > there are so many.
 >
 > Irdeto All-CAM
 > Irdeto CI-All-CAM
 > Irdeto CI-CAM
 > ALL-CAM SE
 > etc.

What they call "CAM" or "All-CAM" is usually only for the DBOX I.
The later DBOX I versions only came with Betacrypt CAMs and did not
work with other normal Irdeto cards. Thatīs why those All-CAMs are sold.

For the DVB cards CI interface you need a CI-CAM.
In some ads they sometimes leave out the CI. But if it is below 100 Euro
it usually is not a CI-CAM but only a DBOX I CAM.

If you want to use your Premiere subscription with the DVB card
you have to get the CI-All-CAM or the CI-All-CAM SE.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index