Linux gateway - multicast problem

Hi,

I am having problems getting multicast routing working on my system.

Setup:

Linux Gateway
Interfaces:
dvb0 - Hauppauge DVB card
eth0 - 3Com 3c905
ppp0 - modem to ISP

Network machine (WinNT)
eth0 - 3Com 3c905

I have installed the DVB card and can insmod the drivers, no problem. I am
fairly sure that the card is happy, as I can run vdr and view sat TV
channels. I have downloaded the dvbd 0.05 driver and run this, again no
problems, I also run the mrouted from the dvbrouter package, and this
seems to work.

Doing a "tcpdump -i dvb0" while running Fazzt or
http://www.europeonline.net/streamingvideo on the Windows box I get data
from kr113 and sr113, respectively. This suggests that mrouted and the dvb
stuff is OK.

What I don't get is any multicast data on the ethernet segment. Anyone got
any ideas? I am running SuSE 6.4 with the 2.2.14-SMP kernel, any options I
need to enable?

Anyone got any ideas, I'm sure someone else must have a similar setup.

Regards,

Phil.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index