Re: Transport stream

Jens Rosenboom writes:
 > Ralph Metzler schrieb:
 >
 > >  > But is it possible to get a one-program-transport-stream (not in
 > >  > PVA-format)?
 > >
 > > I posted an example for this with an AC3 stream last week.
 > > You have to set the DATA_PIPING_FLAG (defined in dvb_comcode.h),
 >
 > Ok, but even then i don't get transport-stream packets (i don't know
 > which format it is, but it has no 0x47 every 188 bytes). Is it possible

You cannot get the complete TS packets, no headers, no adaptation
fields, only the payload.

 > to get the content of the /dev/video-stream but in TS-packets?

Yes.
Just set up two piping filters, one for a video PID, one for an audio
PID (both cannot be the same as the one being displayed).
The next driver release will also  have tools included for streaming
the result directly into a PVA file.
So, you can watch one program and record another from the same
transponder at the same time.

A modified firmware even allows to do this and have playback going at the a
same time. But I still get a lot of dropouts since DMA is only
possible in one direction at the same time and at the moment there is
only one buffer on the card for transfers in both directions. It will
take some more firmware rewriting ...

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index