Re: Problem writing to video device

stefan@pettersson.tc wrote:

> I am trying to make a video recorder for my Siemens Fujitsu DVB card,

Have you taken a look at Klaus Schmidinger's video recorder?

     http://www.cadsoftusa.com/people/kls/vdr

I think it's really great.

My personal opinion is, that it would make a lot more sense
to work together improving Klaus' video recorder rather than
starting another one. There are lots of things that I would
like to see in Klaus' software (EPG, Teletext, VPS, playback
of arbitrary MPEG files, channel search, etc.), so if you have
the time to work on a video recorder, why not work on these?
The problem you describe does not exist in Klaus' software
and Klaus has also implemented lots of cool stuff already
(Fast Forward and Reverse, status display, timers, etc.).

What do you think?

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index