CI-Module

Hello,

I was looking into buying a DVB card with the CI-Module. Unfortunately I'm
a bit low on free PCI Slots so the Siemens card does not seem to be the
best choice. I have heard that there are CI modules that fit into a 3,5"
slot. Does anybody have any further information?

I wrote the guys at Siemens and got the answer that I could break off the
part that fits into the PCI slot although that would void my warrenty.
Then the card would fit into a 3,5" slot. Although I would have to create
something to hold it in there. But they didn't tell me how long the cable
between the DVB card and the CI module is. What good is it if the modules
would fit in there but the connecting cable is just 10 cm. How long is the
cable?

cu,
Lars

--
Today is a good day for information-gathering.  Read someone else's mail file.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index