Re: dvdplayer 0.01 and viewing on X11

At 20:58 21.08.00 +0200, you wrote:
>MK wrote:
>
> > In my config I don't have an external TV connected: I use kwintv or xawtv
> > and the coaxial video-in of a wintv.
> > Impossible to use those programs to view the movie while dvdplayer is
> > playing: I get a "can't open /dev/video1" or "can't open /dev/video0"
> message.
>
>The video device is hard coded in the dvdplayer source, default is /dev/video.
>If you are using a different device, specify it in the dvdplayer.c. In the
>next
>dvdplayer release the video device will be specifyed with the command line
>option.

Yes, I tried that of course (I have dvb-s on /dev/video0 and bt878
/dev/video1), the problem is that the front-end app (be it kwintv or xawtv)
hogs video devices and refuses to load if it finds them in use...
in theory we should have no problem, should be just like with the dvb recorder:
dvdplayer -->  /dev/video0
xawtv --------> /dev/video1

I haven't identified yet why this does not work.

MK

Home | Main Index | Thread Index