Linux + EOL's Inet via the sky

Ehlo !

	I'm going to connect a little LAN through Linux to use EOL's service. I read post
on the mailing list, but i don't understand everything ! I'll be gald when someone would like
to verify my knowledge. Let's start :)

1. When I put my DVB card to PC, I have to compile dvb driver (in my case Siemens) and
    insert compiled module.

2. Have I to tune card in some way ? using some kind of software (dvbd ?)

3. I will configure squid to use EOL's proxy as parent (using proxy auth logn:pass).

	is that enough ? or I need other way of authentification ? In some posts was
	something 'bout Cyberlogin, and some post tells 'bout usage of dvdb ( I
	downloaded one, but there is no conf, and no documentation).
	So please tell me how to authentifite to the system !

4. Will be the need of using something else than squid and dvb-driver ?
    If so, please tell where can I download that, 'couse for example there is no link to
    DVBD on the linuxtv.org

thank's for your help guys !
I want to add that I haven't got my dvb card now,
I'll have the one tommorow, so if you'll be so kind i want to
configure this fast and without problems.

greetings for all
Michal 'aZZaZel' Pajak

PS. Is there possibility to get other files than http/ftp via the air ? ex. napsters on windows in LAN
       to get files via the air ? Will the solution napster <-> socks <-> EOL's Proxy work ?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index