Re: more on avpes2mpeg

On Wed, 23 Aug 2000, MK wrote:

> working with avpes2mpeg converted files:
>
> The video stream seems O.K., but it appears theat the audio stream is
> considered invalid. No muxer would load it.
>
> Since in spite of this it is played correctly by most players, I tried
> (under windoze) decoding and re-encoding it separately, but then the
> remuxed  program stream is out of sync.
>
> Only solution for now (maybe) to get compliant streams: decoding and
> re-encoding both audio and video at the same time.

Seems to work great for me too. I'll be looking at writing some mods to
feed it through to a windows box via IP so you can use a windows box to
watch the stream in real time.

My question - The avpes2mpeg doesn't seem to handle AC3 streams. If I
capture an avpes stream with AC3 audio in it, do you think you could have
a crack at adding support to avpes2mpeg for it?

---
Terry Hardie					terry@net.com
SHOUTip Engineering Product Manager		ICQ#: 977679
net.com, 6530 Paseo Padre Parkway
Mailstop #2207, Fremont, CA 94555, USA		V: +1-510-574-2366

Home | Main Index | Thread Index