EON transfers and linux

ehlo !

	After 7 hours long battle me against dvbd I won. The problem was that I hadn't got /dev/video
file :). Everything looks fine, ping goes and comes back, websites opens quite fast, sync beetwen 95-127
but ... the maximal transfer that I noticed was 7-8 kB/s. Why is it so slow ? My HIS line makes 9 kB/s.
During reading this mailinglist I saw posts telling the opoinion that that's the linux fault, and windowses
can make 20 kB/s ( I can't even install card in linux, i don't know why. ).

I've read all the posts 'bout transfers but opinions are so different that ....
Is it the true that windows transfers faster ? Why ?
And what could be the linux configuration tricks to get higher transfers ?

thanks for all your answers !!! (i hope there will be some :)
greetings
aZZaZel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index