Re: OSD bugging me....

Plamen Ganev wrote:
> BTW: I was thinking that there could be hardware issues, so this is the PC
> I'm trying to use for VDR:

Nah, it's not a hardware problem.
I'm using VDR 0.61 and DBV 0.6 on a totally different configuration
and I'm seeing these problems all the time.

I'm also still getting outcommand errors:

# fgrep outcommand /var/log/messages | tail -2
Aug 26 22:12:15 vdr kernel: outcommand error 1
Aug 26 22:12:15 vdr kernel: outcommand error 1

The symptoms are about the same that you are seeing:

1.  I went through a new 356-channel list one-by-one
    to see which ones I can receive and what language
    the sound is. I only used the VDR "Up" and "Down"
    functions, so the OSD was just the small one-line
    channel number/channel name/time display.
    After a few dozen channels the OSD started to get
    incomplete intermittently, sometimes only showing
    the first digits of the channel number, etc.
    After about 200 channels the thing froze entirely.
    I did not check the /var/log/messages back then,
    but this may well have been on Aug 26th at 22:12,
    as  shown above.

2.  When I use the large OSD (channel list) it survives
    a lot less than 200 display/remove OSD operations.

Ralph, can you reproduce it with the above test cases?
If not, please let me know and I'll try to come up with
a test case that breaks the thing with a deterministic
set of actions right after a reboot.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index