Re: OSD bugging me....

Hi,

I can confirm having the very same problems with OSD.
Less than a dozen or so manipulations of full screen OSD (like loading
"menu" and then "channels" then changing channel) will silently kill it:
the card stops responding.
Zapping with the "up" and "down" arrows doesn't kill the driver as often.
The usual cure works for me: unload vdr, full unload and reload of the
drivers, reload vdr.
Nothing in /var/log/messages.

The driver also endures a different kind of death when trying to set it to
some specific frequencies: Astra 19E / 12670 V 22000 289 290   for example..

system: Asus K7M, Athlon 600, 128 MB Ram
Mandrake kernel 2.2.17 recompiled, latest i2c and lirc drivers.

MK

Home | Main Index | Thread Index