Re: Using DVBD

Karsten,
            I also sufferred the smae problem of no documentation. Once I
have completed my system I will try to pull together some basic information.
            Firstly (assuming you are using a dialup connection) I found
that you must connect to the Internet. Once you are connected load the DVB
modules from the driver using 'make insmod' in the source directory. This is
important to make sure the DVB driver pickes up the correct IP address.
After the DVBmodules are loaded you can run dvbd using './dvbd', this should
run it in console mode and give you some output. Here is an exsample of what
I get:
Fsync = 0, Freq = 2062750000, Sync = 127 Afc = 4294279796 Agc = 335 ......

I am told the most important value is the 'Sync = 127' this is the strength
of the signal you are receiving, measured form 0 - 127.

Once you are happy that everything is working as you would like, you can run
dvbd in deamon mode using 'dvbd -q'

Best of Luck

Neil
Neil Jobbins