Re: vdr - missed video/audio block

> I also increased AVINLEN to 8MB in dvb.h:
> dvb.h:#define AVINLEN (8192*1024)

So, after some test recordings i can tell, that this fixed the problem.
I don't use dma for my harddisks. My Chipset (Triton II) is capable of
dma, but every time i turn it on, i get errors and it got turned off
automatically again. Don't know why, my both harddisks (ibm dtta351010,
10 gb and maxtor 60 gb) are surely dma capable.

But hey, they problem is gone. I don't know if this space is always
used, or only when using recording. If the latter is true, this value
should probably increased in generally, it seems that the people at
convergence all have faster machines than us (i use a cyrix gp 200+,
which is actually a cyrix running at 166 mhz, not very fast processor).

At least i saved DM 120,- for a decent dma controller :-)

--
Greetings
Michael

Home | Main Index | Thread Index