Re: spdif between dvb & soundcard

At 12:51 10.09.00 +0200, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
> >spdif:
> >I set up a cable between the dvb spdif & ground pins and the sblive spdif
> >in #0
> >(it is of the "oem 1024" sort). no damn audio going that way, though. Any
> >tricks
> >to enable this in the driver(s)? Anybody got it working?

I tried but it didn't work for me with alsa.

as for the OSS drivers they fail to output wav audio in my system.
failed to get any hint of what's going on in spite of repeated scrutiny of
the lists.

Currently the spdif out of the dvb-s im my linux box is connected to the
spdif-in of a sblive on a second computer running windoze. works fine,
excepted that ac3 streams aren't recognized as such, but it seems that's a
darn sblive limitation.

>I have connected my Sony MiniDisk-Deck to the spdif-pin of the
>dvbs-card via a 75ohm-coaxial cable (about 2 meters long),

I re-used some old cdrom internal audio cable plus some garden-variety
coax, works fine for me too ;-)

>don't know exactly about the sblive 1024, but it could be that the
>oss/alsa-drivers don't support spdif for the soundchip on that card.

in spite of what is said, sblive drivers, alsa and OSS together seem buggy
as hell now. Maybe in some months...

MK

Home | Main Index | Thread Index