Re: new dvb driver

Michael Holzt writes:
 > > just found http://www.linuxtv.org/download/dvb/siemens_dvb-0.7.tar.gz
 >
 > Hopefully we will get a official release notice soon. I especially

Itīs on the front page of linuxtv.org since last night!?

 > wonder, what this changes are:
 >
 >  TS inout/output
 >  PES output

Exactly what is says. It can input and output transport and program
streams.
The output type is currently only controllable at insmod time like I
described in my previous mail.

 >  PES-PCM playback

Some DVDs (usually music video DVDs) have PCM sound in PES packets.
You can now just pipe such DVDs into /dev/video (with css-cat for
encrypted DVDs of course).
This can also be used to feed AC3 sound decoded by ac3dec to the DVB card.
Just pack it into PES-PCM and send it multiplexed with the video.
The PCM-PES packets must not have more than 2048 bytes payload though.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index