Re: VDR recording glitches

Thomas Jagoditsch wrote:
> recording, too, works (after reading the outstream=0 posts ;-) but
> every couple of seconds ive got those block fragments on screen and
> on "tape", especially when the picture is quickly changin, like on
> mtv, but sometimes on "quiet" scenes too, like "orf-zib2".

I'm seeing the same glitches here (PentiumPro 150 Mhz).
They got a lot better after I installed a DMA-capable
IDE controller PCI card and after I enabled 32-bit mode
and DMA with hdparm.
They are still there, though - not every couple of seconds,
but maybe every couple of  minutes or so.

Klaus' machine is a PII 300 Mhz and Klaus is not seeing
them as often, so either the faster CPU or the faster FSB
is making a difference.

> should i assemble a bigger VDR-pc ? will it help ?

I would guess so.
I'm planning to upgrade to a 450 MHz PIII next week.

Somebody else on this list mentioned not too long ago
that the folks at convergence must all have strong
PCs, so their driver cannot realy deal with a ~200Mhz
machine. I think he was right.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index