Re: Thoughts on VDR evolution - my 2 cent

Robert Schneider/MUC1/Lotus wrote:

> with regards to the teletext stuff. I was thinking about creating the video text page in memory, converting it into a single picture mpeg stream and send it to the card. That way, I would loose overlaying the video text page with the current program, but I would assume I would gain a lot of speed
> and also avoid the bug that comes up when using the OSD too much.
>
> Could you give me some hint on how to achieve that? What would I have to create as a bitmap (color scheme etc.) until I could send it to the card to be displayed as a still frame? If you had some sample code for that, I would highly appreciate it.

Robert,

I would like to vote against doing this, because it would mean that we could only
watch _either_ teletext _or_ tv/recordings. What I like very much about the analog
videotext is the fact that I can read it "in front of" the tv programme (even
transparently, so that I can still see what's going on while quickly looking
up the latest news or so).

Just my two cents...

Greetings
Klaus