Re: EON Howto

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Schropp Roland wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> can anyone tell me a good URL, where to find a HOWTO on EON ?
> I've set up the drivers, and now i have a DVB0 device. What should i do now ?

-you shold plugin the dvb-card in the same machine, where the isdn
card are pluged in.

-than you should start the driver, e.g. make insmod in the driver
dir

-than you should get a picture from N-TV at the video-out

-get dvbd2 from linuxtv.org
-than you should edit the line 15 in dvbd.h from:

 #define network_device "eth0"

 #define network_device "ippp0"

 if your internetdevice ippp0. Save and just type make in the dvbd
 dir

-copy the following file to /etc/dvbd.conf

--snip

# DVB receiver configuration file, (c) 2000 data planet
international
#
# standard location in /etc
#
# LNB power on=1/off=0
#
power 1
#
# symbol rate [symbol/sec]
#
# ASTRA 1E/1F
#
# symbolrate 27500000
#
# ASTRA 1G/1H
#
symbolrate 22000000
#
# frequency [kHz]
#
# ASTRA TR 103
#
# frequency 12461000
#
# ASTRA TR 115
#
# frequency 12662750
#
# ASTRA TR 114
#
# frequency 12640000
#
# ASTRA TR 113
#
frequency 12632250
#
# 22 kHz signal on=1/off=0
#
ttk 1
#
# diseqc on=1/off=0
#
diseqc 0
#
# AFC on=1/off=0
#
AFC 0
#
# polarisation H=1/V=0
#
polarisation 1
# settings for MPE filter, PID and MAC filtering, valid MAC bytes
#
#
filter_0 512
#
# filter_1 785
#
filter_2 786 00:D0:5C:1E:99:17
#
# filter_3 xxx
#
# filter_4 xxx
#
# filter_5 xxx
#
# filter_6 xxx
#
# filter_7 xxx
#
# filter_8 xxx
#
# filter_9 xxx
#
--snap

-than you should start dvbd e.g. ./dvbd
-you shold get some verbose output, the parameter sync are
 important, where sync=127 the best value, say 0 = bad receive
 quality and 127 = very good receive quality

-do a ping to  glop113.europeonline.net e.g.

 ping  glop113.europeonline.net

 for transponder 113

-if you get ping back all should work well.

-than you should setup your proxy-server squid, if your box are only
 a router. If the box where the dvb-card pluged in your workstation
 or you have enabled masquerading for your network you can setup
 your netscape without squid. The proxy-Name is:
 glop113.europeonline.net and the proxyport is 8080.

-then you should restart netscape and type http://www.kernel.org
 into the URL line. Than you should get a login box from the browser
 to login to the EON Proxy. Everything should be ok.

-for Squid setup see:
 http://www.zockbar.de/jargon/html/eon-proxy.html

-for plugin in the card somwher, but not in the router see:
 http://www.unix.cslab.tuwien.ac.at/~ackerman/eon/eon_masq.html

I wrote some scripts to switch between the 4 transponders. If you
get these scripts, wrote it to me, I will send you my config.

by Uwe

... may the Tux be with you! =Uwe=
--
Uwe Günther                    \\://                  mailto:uwe@cscc.de