Re: Playing unencypted DVD? -> Still not working ;-(

Gregoire Favre wrote:

> I have tried not to add the -c option, the result is that there is no ac3dec and that the sound is
> made by the DVB resulting in a quality of sound/image worst than an mpeg1 ;-) And even worst I don't
> have it all the times: that come back to n-tv.
>
> Same things with the old dvdplayer 0.0.1
>
> I am using siemens_dvb-0.7.1.tar.gz
> I had played unencrypted dvd with the old dvdplayer and an old driver (I don't remember which one).
>
> Is someone able to play unencrypted dvd with the latest driver? I am now under 2.2.17, with bttv.

This works for me with the dvdplayer 0.2 and 0.01. I'm using DVB drivers version 0.7.1 and kernel
2.2.14 with bttv.
I tested this with American Pie (region 2) DVD with options:
dvdplayer -a 0 -j 3 -f /dvd/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB

For video only you can try:
cat /dvd/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_1.VOB > /dev/video

Matjaz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index