RE: Proposition...

> I don't know if life well be easier considering the rpm will be
> kernel-version dependant (and a lot rpm's will be needed then).

I agree. The software (the driver but also the apps) is un such an early
stage that packages will only help increasing the troubles.

First you would need to package at least for RPM and DEB. This steals
developer time from people who could be using it to fix bugs and implement
new things.

Second, doing packages will lower the entry level for many people too lazy
to do their homework (i.e. read the docs). This would lead to even more
trouble (until driver and apps are rock-solid).

Plamen.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index