Re: recording glitches ... again

On 4 Oct 2000, at 16:46, Carsten Koch wrote:

> It may be difficult to figure out the exact minimum requirements, as

yeah, you´re right ...

> they depend on so many factors. But compiling a list of configurations
> and their behaviour would definitely be useful.

... that was my intention.

> I would like to contribute the following entries:
>
> 1.  Siemens Celsius 1 System, Siemens D931 main board,
>     PentiumPro 150 MHz CPU, 64 MB RAM.
>     Maxtor 60GB UDMA/66 disk.
>     Main board does not support UDMA.
>     Very frequent glitches, some of them big.
>
> 2.  Siemens Celsius 1 System, Siemens D931 main board,
>     PentiumPro 150 MHz CPU, 64 MB RAM.
>     Maxtor 60GB UDMA/66 disk.
>     Additional UDMA/66 PCI IDE contrller (Promise FastTrack/66).
>     Manually set UDMA/66 using hdparm.
>     Few small glitches (every other minute or less).

thx.
if i got it right, this is the same box before/after ?
could you try to find out the chipset it uses (or the ide-chipset
from boot.msg) ?
plamen told me about problems with an tx-based board, but a vx works
way better. here i´ve got better results with vx than with hx. so
this may be important.

wbr.tja...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index