Recordings / PES / MPEG -> VVCD/SVCD

Hi all,

I can't distribute anything to the projects, but maybe my experience in
converting recorded streams to mpeg2 which I've got from my recent test
could help:

My goal was to get a captured SCI-FI Series (Voyager) in the best possible
quality (SVCD) on CD and here is my way.

Due to the lack of tools (or my knowledge of the tools in linux) I use only
windows tools:

1. demux the captured file with pvademux.exe you will get a m2v and a mp2
file
2. throw away the m2v file :-) resample the mp2 file from 48KHz to 44KHz
(SVCD conform) I'd use Tsunami Mpeg Decoder for that
3. convert the captured file with the technotrend tool pva2mpeg2.exe -> you
will get a mpg file
4. get flask-mpeg and avisynth and avisyth plugin - open the mpegfile in
flask-mpeg set the correct frame count, don't use audio
5. set the outputoption to "link to avisynth" and start the conversion .. I
use only PAL files and PAL SVCD .. so I don' know anything about framerate
conversion ..
6. create a txt file with IPCSource("videoOut") and name is something.avs -
videoOut is the name which is shown by the avisyth plugin after you start
the conversion.
7. load the *.avs file into Tsunami MPEG Encoder and set up the SVCD
parameters (or better use the SVCD Templates) and start encoding
8. After some hours u should have another m2v file (or mpv ?? not sure
right know)
9 mux the audio file from 2 with the Video file from 8 with bbMpeg .. in
SVCD mode (it calculates scanoffsets into the stream for SVCD player)

Well thats all .. burn the mpeg file with NERO in SVCD Mode and you should
a really good looking SVCD.

For detailed informations I recommend http://www.vcdhelper.com and
http://go.to/doom9 and http://www.geocities.com/bug2kbug/Helper/helper.htm

You get there much Infos and all Links to all Programms needed for
conversion ... Another tip : Look for DVD to SVCD Guides too because
DVD2SVCD and digital captured files to svcd conversion have much in common

Hope that helps a bit ...

Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index