Correction "Playing glitches"

Matthias Schniedermeyer writes:
 > #include <hallo.h>
 >

 > The file i played with
 >
 > cat <blub> | buffer -b 1000 > /dev/video
 >
 > was cutted with my software. The "other" was just "av_pes2pes"ed.
 >
 > When i play "av_pes2p(e)s" with | buffer -b 1000" the also have the
 > "dropped frame" problem.
What happens if you play the original av_pes file?
What happens if you play the converted files on another player?
It is possible that there are still some glitches in the av_pes2p(e)s
program, or maybe in the p(e)s2av_pes converter in the driver.
I have tested them with a lot of examples, but there could still be
some files that are not played/converted correctly. If you have any
problems, please tell me. But please check if the av_pes versions
work. Since the firmware works directly with av_pes, any problems that
show up while playing av_pes are not that easily corrected.

 > After "pvademux <blub>" and remultiplexing with "mplex <blub>" (mplex is
 > from "mpeg_movie" from www.heroinsoftwarecom) the playing glitches are
 > gone.
What is the typical PES size those programs produce ?

 > Maybe the interleaving of the video & audio streams aren't optimal. (When
 > thats the problem, i ask myself my such problems don't show while viewing
 > "from satelite")
There is still the problem, that the av_pes format gives you actual
PES for audio, but not for video. So we are just guessing the PES size
for the video stream.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de