Re: AW: glitches, another story *g*

Guido Fiala wrote:

> >He reported that he also has glitches during CPU and disk activities
> >which are unrelated to the card. In my experience such glitches are
> >caused by heat. Of course they would also occur during activities
> >related to the card (recording). And, as I said before, they are much
> >more often and stronger if you have a CI adapter connected to your
> >card and they completely disappeared for me when I used an extra fan
> >blowing on the card.
> >
> >So, if you watch TV and compile a kernel and have no glitches,
> >fine. Then the reason for your problems lies somewhere else.
> >Otherwise, you may have a heat problem.
> >
> True - think most of us have those glitches just in the recorded files,
> but not watching TV the same time -> vdr does not take the data fast enough,
> because it's not scheduled in realtime ???

As long as VDR doesn't report any "missed data blocks" it should have
taken all the data fast enough. VDR checks the sequence numbers of
the data blocks and also their lengths. Also: if the glitches happen
at different points when replaying, ths would indicate that the recorded
data is ok, but the driver/firmware has trouble keeping picture and sound
in sync.

Greetings
Klaus