Re: glitches, another story *g* - more results

Plamen Ganev wrote:
> I don't think that raw CPU power is an isssue. I refuse to think that I need
> a PIII to send 2mbit of mpeg data from the card to the screen or from the
> dvd to the card. A very old 486 can do better than that routing packets.

Of course you are right - in theory.
In practice, however, I had glitches with my 150 MHz PentiumPro
and I don't have any with my 450 Mhz Pentium III.

(Of course, that's during recording while you have problems
even when watching live broadcasts)

I would assume that some careful tuning of the DVB driver's
interrupt handler on a slow system would make the thing work
without any glitches. Until then, our only chance is to throw
more horsepower at it.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index