Re: Bezugsquelle fuer Siemens-DVB-S

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc wrote:

> Carsten u're right ....
>
> DVB Shop sells the Hauppauge Card and not the Siemens .... And I understand
> the problem with the other companys not supporting the LINUX Driver. Anyway
> are not ALL Cards licensed builds from TechnoTrend ???

I cannot answer that as good as someone from convergence could.

As far as I remember it, convergence got in touch with TechnoTrend
and TechnoTrend was unwilling to help - up to a degree where it might
be worth boycotting them.

On the other hand Siemens was very friendly and generously supported
the open source development of the dvb-s linux driver.
Consequently, we ought to buy the original Siemens card whenever
possible.

However, all the sources I mentioned are not Siemens either, but Hauppauge. :-(

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index