Re: Antwort: Problem mit CAM

Axel Gruber wrote:

> This problem mut be with the DRIVEr because i have tryed it in a WINDOWS
> 2000 Machine and there it works very well - you cann watch record and after
> it you can decrypt without any problems.
>
> So i think this is a problem with the driver.
>
> I have noticed that RALPH have made some changes in the CAM-Support - in
> the DRIVER versions 0.5 and 0.6 (i you use 2 DVB-S cards) the driver only
> uses the CAM on device 2 and not at the "primary" device 1 since driver 0.7 the
> CAM suport works on both cardīs (1 and 2).

I just experimented a little and was able to watch various encrypted
channels, do recordings and replays, and after that still could watch
all encrypted channels (all this was done using VDR 0.66 and driver 0.71).

Since you have two DVB cards, maybe your "primary interface" is not the
one specified in the channels.conf file for those channels? Currently
an encrypted channel must specifiy the (_one_) card on which it can be
received/decrypted. If you change your primary interface in VDR you
may no longer be able to watch encrypted channels.

Just a thought...

Greetings
Klaus