Re: Configuring mrouted

----- Original Message -----
From: Vladimir Vul <vul@bds.ru>
To: Michael Wilson <bananaski@redhotant.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 15, 2000 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: Configuring mrouted

> Hello Michael,
>
> Sunday, October 15, 2000, 9:21:31 PM, you wrote:
> MW> Does anyone have a working mrouted.conf that is successfully routing
fazzt pkts to a windows client ? if so, setup and cfg details would be much
appreciated
> What I really wanna to understand, WHY use multicast, if I have only
> one windows machine to route to?
>
> Is it UDP packets? If so, can I use udp redirect tool for transferring
> packets from linux dish host to windows comp?

I am not sure if it tcp or udp packets which come down, maybe someone else
can answer that one.  But I have been running ntop and notice that the i/f
224.244.4.17 has received 840 IGMP pkts (whatever they are).  (224.224.4.17
is FAZZT i/f)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index