LCD display and VDR ?

I was searching for LCDs that could be
easily used. I found some data sheets here:
http://www.lcd-module.de/deu/doma/standard.htm
and the idea was born to use the printer port
for those modules ...
one day later, after searching for LCD related
stuff, I found out that the work already was
done:
http://www.home.unix-ag.org/nils/lcd.html

with a 40x4 character LCD module it should
be possible to implement the same functionality
as the OSD has, without altering the remote control
keys. this way OSD and LCD could coexist.
a menu on the LCD could look like this:
   --------------------
  |    * CHANNELS *    |
  |123  Some channel wi|
  |th a real long name |
  |EDIT NEW DELETE MARK|
   --------------------
the inner two lines (2x20 chars) could always
display the highlighted line that's shown on the OSD ...
having such a display would be useful for all
situations where the TV set isn't used, like listening
to radio stations or programming a timer or maybe
in the future listening to audio CDs or MP3s ...

well, I just ordered such a module to see
if they would really work :)

Martin

========== mailto:martin@hammerschmid.com ==========
=RSA-PGP-Key ID:0x81783FE7 DH-PGP-Key ID:0x6B66589A=

Nitrate: Lower than the day rate.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index