VDR with LCDproc support ... first attempt :)

After a closer look at LCDproc-0.4-pre9 ( http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/
)
(CVS recommended http://sourceforge.net/projects/lcdproc/ )
I've starded to fiddle with LCD support for VDR.
LCDproc is a client/server app and since I
don't even have a LCD yet, I found the curses output
of LCDd very useful (right now I've a tiny 4x20 chars xterm
running './LCDd -d curses' inside on my workstation, where my
testbox that runs vdr sends the LCD output to)

the current channel is displayed and many menus
work too but it's still only a basic testing ...

I've put a tarball of my first attempt here
http://home.pages.at/linux/VDR-LCD.tar.gz
but be warned, it's a sunday afternoon hack :)
the host running LCDd is hardcoded in vdr.c:
 #define LCDprocHOST "localhost"

Martin

========== mailto:martin@hammerschmid.com ==========
=RSA-PGP-Key ID:0x81783FE7 DH-PGP-Key ID:0x6B66589A=

Best way to dispose of the Borg: Give them Windows 3.1.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index