driver and PES-PCM stream

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-2" character set. ]
    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

Hi!

I noticed the following problems with the driver handling PES-PCM
stream:
- The normal playback after pause, slow motion or fast forward
  doesn't work,
- NTSC playback works only from the beginning of first file,
- There are video disturbances while playing some DVDs. The solution
  is sending between 99% and 99.9% audio samples to the video device,
  but this distorts the sound. I don't know if this is driver fault
  or it is fault in ac3 decoding. I had this problem with most Dolby
  Digital 2.0 streams but I didn't notice it with Dolby Digital 5.1
  streams.

You can test this with the dvdplayer snapshot from:
http://www2.arnes.si/~mthale1/index.html#snapshots

Matjaz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index