Re: EON

> Lately EON sucks badly; I get speeds like 1k-2k/sec. Is there any other
> provider via satelite like EON?

Starspeeder (www.starspeeder.com) is supposed to start their service end
november.  Their website doesn't have a lot of information, except for the
documentation they send you by email.  They are going to offer data service
at 400kbps max, vpn connection.  Price: around USD20 per month.  Only
drawback, their service is not on the Astra satellites.  I have talked to
them a couple of times on the phone and they seem techically capable (and
support, have tested Linux), but their last attempt to offer such a service
didn't work out...  New satellite, new luck, I hope...

I'm thinking about getting a free DVB card from EON (well, Euro 250
including subscription for a year) and use that on the Starspeeder service
and use the DVB I have for digital radio and TV...

    christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index