[linux-dvb] Request: Exporting of EPG data from VDR

Hi,

After lurking on this list for a few months, I've finally bought and
installed a DVB card.  Many thanks to everyone involved in both the driver
and VDR projects.

My first thoughts for small enhancements to VDR is to export, in some way,
the EPG data collected in eit.c for use by an external EPG application.

How about exporting the data to text files (one file per event) in a
directory hierarchy in /video.  For example:

printf(filename,"/video/epg/%i/%i/%i.epg",satelliteid,service,eventid);

I'm happy to implement this  - the VDR patch should only be a few lines - but
it may best be done by someone completely familiar with the eit.c code.

An external (Perl?) script could be run by cron (or in the Commands menu of
VDR) to delete the files describing events that have been broadcast.

Best wishes,

Dave.

---