[linux-dvb] Re: Progress on teletext?

Dave Chapman wrote:

> There have been a few discussions on this list regarding extracting the
> teletext information from DVB broadcasts.
>
> As I understand it, there are 3 ways this can be implemented:
>
> 1) Re-insertion (i.e. reading the teletext as normal on your TV) -
> technically possible but not yet implemented in the firmware/driver.
>
> 2) Extraction on a PC from the PES packets by adding a filter for the PID
> (which is obviously different for each channel) containing the teletext data.
> This can't be done if the data is being re-inserted.
>
> 3) Re-insertion and extracting the re-inserted VBI information from the
> SAA7146 on the DVB card.
>
> Is anyone working on any of the above solutions?  What is your progress?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Dave.

I believe a viable solution (at least for VDR users) would be to display
the teletext data via the DVB-S card's On Screen Display. I could provide
a font that can be used to display the 40x25 character cells of a teletext
page.

So if somebody would implement retrieving the teletext data I could make
VDR display them.

Klaus