[linux-dvb] Help with receiving data on dvb0

After trying get get my DVB card (galaxis)
working with dvbd and the siemens driver,
i managed to receive data on my dvb card.

I use a dailup to BySky (satellite provider connected to EON)
for upstream over ippp0 and receive the data on dvb0 ..So there's no use
for proxy login.

I am able to make an ftp connection to a ftp site
if I use it's IP number (not the name) , and I can get files
with mget for example. They all come through perfectly...

BUT ... 1) I am not able to use the name ( ftp my.ftpsite.com )
        2) I am not able to ping ( ping 208.56.217.70  and  ping
www.ttg-edam.nl
           both don't work )
        3. I am not able to browse with Netscape for example

my nameservers in resolv.conf are correct.

Does anybody know what I should look for to correct this problem ?

If more info is needed, I will post it. ( didn't know what to post now )

thanks in advance
R. van Leeuwen

---