[linux-dvb] Re: Problem replaying with driver 0.8

Andreas Peter,,, writes:
 > Marcus O.C. Metzler wrote:
 >

 > > cat /dev/video > test
 > > apps/gVideo/av_pes2any/es_demux test a v
 > > chmod 666 a v    (hmm have too change that)
 > > mplex a v out.mpg
 > > cat out.mpg >/dev/video
 > >
 > > works fine for me.
 > >
 > > Marcus
 >
 > Hi,i just tried this as you described with mplex from the
 > mpeg2_movie-1.3 package from http://heroinewarrior.com/ , (is this the
 > "right" mplex?),
I don't know. The one I got is from ftp.informatik.tu-muenchen.de in
/pub/comp/graphics/mpeg/mplex. That's what is says in the README. I
don't remember where I downloaded it.

 > and got the following errors:
 >
 > mpeg3_open: not an MPEG 2 stream
 > Couldn't open a
 > mpeg3_open: not an MPEG 2 stream
 > Couldn't open b

Did you do the chmod?

 > streamtype a :
 >
 > PES_STREAM
 > .
 > .
 > .
 > MPEG2
 >
 > streamtype v :
 >
 > PES_STREAM
 > .
 > .
 > .
 > MPEG2

It should not be a PES anymore after the demux.
Try doing "hex <videofile> | less" and search for ("/" is for
searching in less) 00 00 01 e0. If you find it, than there is
something wrong. Maybe you need a newer version of av_pes2any. Get the
latest from the public CVS.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de