[linux-dvb] Re: what about the visiontech mpeg2 encoder board?

On Saturday 16 December 2000 19:16, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've also filled in the form, but haven't heard anything either.
> It looks like we'll have the same problems as with the siemens card,
> a driver for a card thats not available. :(

well, since the Siemens card is nowhere to be found outside of germany, I got
the Hauppauge one. Same stuff, have had no compatibility problems.

Still I need a solution for video recording from my (old, analogic)
videocamera...
Got a DC10 card for that but the driver still uses the old I2C interface. no
way with a recent kernel. And Pinnacle software for windoze definitely sucks
big time.
There's an offer for a linux specific mjpeg capture board, but I tend to find
it grossly overpriced. So I thought: why not record directly to mpeg2?
Outta luck with that one for now. I'd appreciate if someone has found a
solution and post about his experience.

Greetings,

Max

---