[linux-dvb] Re: korrupt MPEG2 Stream

Axel Gruber writes:
 > I dontīt think so...
 >
 > With the orginal old solution (Transport-Stream) i can convert the Stream
 > to a realy good MPEG2 STrem without Problems.

The original solution doesn't give a transport stream. If you want a
transport stream, you have to set outstream=2.

 > But with the NEW STream i canīt do anything - i have tryed yesterday to
 > split the Streams and remux it again.
 >
 > Then i got a real MPEG2 File - but then i have no right symc between audio

What is your definition of a real MPEG2 file?

 > and Video and the second problem ist that the split/remux-Process takes
 > over 1 Hour at a PIII800MZH.... And at the outputfile i have allready sequences

How could that take so long?

 > where the Picture jump or the audo drops out...

Than it is not remuxed very well.

 > I hope that there is a solution for this problem in the future. I will try
 > again tonight with a other REMUX Progrgramm i have found.. But the MPEG2
 > Files i get directly from the DRIVER are not very MPEG2 compartible - i have
 > tryed over 15 Programms wich can usualy read MPEG2 VIDEO-Streams - only 2

MPEG2 video stream? Do you mean an elementary video stream?

> Programms work with this kind of MPEG2 stream correct.

Maybe these programs are not compatible and don't work correctly
because they expect something that isn't in the specs. as I said
before, some programs what a sequence header at the beginning of the
file, which I could find as a requirement in the specs.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de