[linux-dvb] Re: korrupt MPEG2 Stream

You guys have been doing a really great work and I whish to congratulate you
all.
Axel Gruber has some points however.

I have also been having a lot of trouble doing anything useful with recorded
streams (with pre-0.8 driver). Usually I record Arte and Tv5, and aim to put
them in some format I can read store indifferently with other players:
"SVCD", "SVCD-like" the so-called "mini-dvd" etc.
The most frequent problem appears as audio dropouts. The originally recorded
stream plays OK and in sync, but things go lousy after demuxing and remuxing.
Most tools signal some error about the audio stream.
BTW there's a version of Flaskmpeg specifically modified to deal with pva
streams. Couldn't even open _some_ of the recorded streams.

So it's not about any special "propietary" windoze software. The point is
that ALL the tools I've tried, under windoze or linux, do have some problems
with certain recordings, to the point of seriously interfering with further
manipulations.

My question is: has someone here run the recorded streams (from several
different transmitters) through some analysis or "lint" tool? this could
maybe help to troubleshoot what's been going on.

MK

On Saturday 30 December 2000 00:10, you wrote:
> Axel Gruber writes:
>  > > Maybe these programs are not compatible and don't work correctly
>  > > because they expect something that isn't in the specs. as I said
>  > > before, some programs what a sequence header at the beginning of the
>  > > file, which I could find as a requirement in the specs.
>  >
>  > I don´t understand this answer - some of these programms are realy
>  > Commercial and not very cheap - GERMAN: Das ist Software die auch im
>  > buissnes Bereich eingesetzt wird. Man kann doch nicht einfach behaupten
>  > alles andere sein inkompartibel zu 1 System ??? - Dann muss man schon
>  > eher sagen, daß die Ausgabedatei inkompartibel zur restlichen Software
>  > ist.
>  > (Ist nicht böse gemeint - aber so sehe ich das)
>
> Hmm, yes Windows itself and e.g. Word are also commercial and not very
> cheap and we know about their great file formats and compliance to
> standards ...
>
> Sorry, we cannot support software which we don't use/own ourselves.
> All Linux based MPEG2 players I tried do not seem to have a problem.
> Show us the passage in ISO/IEC 13818-1,2,3 (the real definition of MPEG2
> files) which we violate or a bug in our programs and we will fix it.
>
> If you want more, well, it's open source.
>
> Ralph
>
> ---
> Info:
> subject.