[linux-dvb] Re: Info under VDR with CI?

Gregoire Favre wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 29, 2000 at 11:20:00PM +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>
> > The "28 SF1   `time`" you mentioned is the number and name of the
> > channel (plus the current time) that is displayed when you switch
> > channels or press "Ok".
>
> Yes, thats what I wanted to write ;-)
> >
> > The "01:00 Event 0" I assume is the starting time and title of the
> > currently runing programme.
>
> Unfortunately not: at every hours from every day, I got the same
> "01:00 Event 0" and exactly it... and there is only one lign,
> nothing less but nothing more.

Can you please check the system time setting on your machine?
There was one other VDR user who reported that he didn't get the
EPG info correctly, and it turned out that he had the wrong timezone
set on his system.

> > If that's what you mean by "info", you'll need to make sure that the
> > entries in 'channels.conf' all have the "Pnr" (Program Number)
> > parameter set to a non-zero value (that's the last value in each
> > line, for example "907" in your "SF2" example). VDR doesn't have
> > means to retrieve these number automatically (yet).
> >
> > Hope that helps
>
> Well, I have set the program number for all channel (I think so...).
> For example my SF2... and another example is TSR1:12399:h:1:27500:161:84:1:902
> For which I only receive the channel number, channel name and time.
>
> Your answer help me in the way that it tell me that VDR should be able to receive
> "info" (I don't know the right name for those "infos") with CI/CAM ;-)

These infos are not directly connected to encrypted channels. You can receive
them even if you don't have any CICAM equipment. Maybe the particular channels
you are referring to don't broadcast any EPG (Electronic Programme Guide) info?
Just a thought...

Klaus